Please note that I may earn a small commission from purchases made through product links in this post.
The past few weeks I’ve been thinking about a new dessert to try out, and really wanted to choose a healthy dessert recipe.
I decided to go with the Raw Pumpkin Pie, using freshly cut pumpkin, which works great for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any other day!
The recipe isn’t super complicated and I’m sure you will love it as much as I do.
Please find the printable version of this recipe further below.
Raw Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
If you can’t get your hands on a fresh pumpkin, you can use a variety of replacements, from butternut squash to sweet potato.
- 2 Cups pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 Cup soaked dates
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 Cups shredded pumpkin, butternut squash, or sweet potato ﬂesh
- 1 Cup soaked dates
- 1/2 Cup soaked, washed Irish Moss (optional)
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp freshly diced ginger
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla
- 1/4 Cup almond milk or water to help blend
Don’t worry if you don’t have Irish Moss, just skip this ingredient and put your pie in the freezer before serving. Irish Moss helps the whole pie gel together better, because it is a fibery seaweed product that blends well.
Irish Moss is full of super gentle fiber, it’s got great mineral content because it’s seaweed and it makes for great looking pies!
Make sure to wash the Irish Moss thoroughly to remove any sand or salt. Otherwise you’ll get a crunchy salty pumpkin pie, which is not exactly what we’re going for here!
The good news is that creating a raw pumpkin pie yourself is surprisingly easy:
1. Blend the crust ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, then evenly distribute in the bottom of a pie plate.
2. Cube and place in a high speed blender or food processor until it’s nicely chopped.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until nice and smooth. You might need to add more liquid to get it to blend well.
4. Pour into crust, then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
This dessert might not seem overly sweet, but trust me when I say it can rival even the most traditional of pumpkin pies.
I personally love eating desserts that aren’t too sweet and that are actually healthy and nutritious.
Do you like pumpkin as much as I do? Check out this pumpkin soup recipe which I’m sure you’ll love too.
A delicious, easy to make, raw pumpkin pie recipe, perfect for the festive days.
- 2 cups pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 cups shredded pumpkin (or butternut squash, sweet potato)
- 1 cup soaked dates
- 1/2 cup soaked Irish moss
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly diced ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or water to blend)
Blend the crust ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, then evenly distribute in the bottom of a pie plate.
Cube and place in a high speed blender or food processor until it’s nicely chopped.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until nice and smooth. You might need to add more liquid to get it to blend well.
Pour into crust, then chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.